Back in, oh, 2001? I was a chronic lurker on the comicslash mailing list. For some reason, I unsubscribed (there may have been decreased traffic, or increased spamming, I don't know). Anyway, re-reading my comics and working on the (still nameless) HP/Batman thing made me want to reread some older stories, and maybe find some new ones, so I re-subscribed and started sorting through years of back messages looking for the good stuff. Unfortunately, seven years in RL = 700 Internet Years, and all the links are broken. I finally got up to some more recent messages and found the current address for X-Men Slash Central, but it's old and full of holes. Then, just a little while ago, I hit a major jackpot. The Titans Adult Archive link still went somewhere - and it went somewhere with a link. A link here: dcu_slash_index
. And from there to here: dcfic_index
I now have ginger-lemon tea and Dick/Tim slash. Jessie is a happy camper.
And Dinah/Babs! (Theirloveissointernetcrush)! And Tim/Kon-El! (
sclothes)! There's a listing for Joey! And (Wah!Wah!Wah!*flail*) Alfred fic!
If I find Jim Gordon/Dick Grayson, so help me, I am going to wake up the whole house with my joy. (Is that weird? I feel like maybe that's kind of weird. But I want it so bad
Ah! And now this: marvelfic_index
! Though, aside from the Rictor/Shatterstar and the Iceman/Beast, I am not so much for the Marvel slashing. Oh. And the Gambit/Courier! How can I forget the Gambit/Courier! Now I have to go scour that list, too.
Quasi-Related Comicbook tomfoolery:
- I found my copy of the official Batman RPG guidebook. I'd forgotten why we never played it. It's soooo bad (but I still want to be Clayface).
- Crazy Crossover That Hit Me On The Head: Tim goes up to Westchester to see his cousin Bobby
. If you get the joke, you get bonus points!
- I seem to have every Mainstream Comic Character Comes Out of Closet issue, EVER.
- I should scan the relevant panels. At the very least, everyone must see Batman's abusive ex.
- I should also scan and share that bit of that Nightwing comic where Dick and Tim discuss Bruce and girls while blindfolded on top of a train. Otherwise, the begining of the HP/Batman thing might not make sense. Also, because Dick falling when Tim tells him his girlfriend is pregnant is one of the funniest scenes in comic book history.
-I wish I had more Gordon comics. I've got The Killing Joke
, Gordon's Law
, and all of the Officer Down
arc, but I don't have any GCPD
books, and I can't find Gordon of Gotham
anywhere. And I can't remember which comic (I own it, and can't find it) has Gordon and Batman drinking coffee in a diner. It's killing me! That was such a good scene! Up there with Gordon "not seeing so well without his glasses" when Batman looses his mask in Year One.
-I am a crazy fangirl and you should probably ignore me completely when I get like this.
I found Jim/Dick but it wasn't what I wanted at aaaaall. Stupid me, my wishing should have been more specific (I want 'Only Honest Cop in Bludhaven' Dick with 'Just Pre-Retirement' Jim. Okay internet? Dick is not allowed to be Twelve.)